Tuesday, October 9, 2012

By Resham Ahmed







LONDON, England (TheSportsNEXT) October 9, 2012: England’s Pakistan-origin boxer Amir Khan held a press conference in London on Tuesday where he vowed to win back his world boxing titles next year with better preparation and execution.




The Year 2012 proved a nightmare for the boxer from Bolton as Amir Khan lost both of his light welterweight boxing belts to Danny Garcia which forced him to divorce his Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach as well as his long-time training center in Los Angeles.

The Olympic silver medallist made a defiant comeback to the proceedings on Tuesday when he looked aggressive and gentle at the same time as he announced his comeback bout against Carlos Molina, who is yet to be defeated in his boxing career.

Amir Khan told reporters here at London’s Mayfair Hotel, “It hasn't been a good year but I'll come back. Mentally I'm prepared and I know the change in trainer and in training camps will be a massive help”.

Talking about how better he was equipped to challenge the undefeated Carlos Molina, Amir Khan said, “I still have a lot to learn but I know Virgil Hunter will help me with that. I could have taken an easy opponent for my next fight but I haven't”.

“Any undefeated fighter is a good fighter so I'm not taking Molina lightly. But I need to beat him with a good performance and then I can look to becoming world champion again next year", he added

The Amir Khan vs Carlos Molina bout will be staged at the Los Angeles Sports Arena on December 15, 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment